Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yes...we went to Dollywood AGAIN...don't judge me!

So, we had some great friends from Birmingham, AL visit with us this weekend and where else are we gonna take them, that's right, Dollywood! You can tell we haven't lived here long! But I must say there is something about riding rollercoasters that I never seem to get over.

There is the long anticipated arrival of standing in the 'gate' just before loading. Within the first 20 seconds of the ride you get that nauseating feeling when climbing the first hill. At the last click of the climb comes that brief second of "aww man why did I do this again" only to be followed up by a ridiculous girl-like giggle when making the second turn as I am enjoying what in other contexts would be considered cruel or even abuse.

But, as with most things, I signed up for it! And so it goes. Will I get "talked into" going to Dollywood again...probably. Will I ride more rollercoasters...you bet. Will I buy the horrible photo shot of me on the coaster...never! Will I continue to push myself to try new things and position my family for times of fun together...I sure plan to. It's worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment